Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hymn Monday - "Lord, 'Tis Not That I Did Choose Thee"

Today's Hymn, "Lord, 'Tis Not That I Did Choose Thee" (#573) is from the "Lutheran Service Book" (c) 2006 Concordia Publishing House.

Lord, 'tis not that I did choose Thee; That, I know, could never be;
For this heart would still refuse Thee Had Thy grace not chosen me.
Thou has from the sin that stained me Washed and cleansed and set me free
And unto this end ordained me, That I ever live to Thee

It was grace in Christ that called me, Taught my darkened heart and mind;
Else the world had yet enthralled me, to thy heav'nly glories blind.
Now I worship none above Thee; For Thy grace alone I thirst,
Knowing well that, if I love Thee, Thou, O Lord, didst love me first.

Praise the God of all creation; Praise the Father's boundless love.
Praise the Lamb, our expiation, Priest and King enthroned above.
Praise the Spirit of salvation, Him by whome our spirits live.
Undivided adoration To the great Jehovah give.

Jesu Juva,
Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment