Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Fall of man explained by my two year old daughters

My daughters attend a club for pre-schoolers that I lead that is designed to evangelize to them. Over the past several weeks I've been teaching the tots, about 30 or so of them ranging from age 2 - 5, about creation.

So yesterday my almost 2 1/2 year old daughters hop up onto the organ bench in our livingroom and start talking very seriously, almost preachingly/teachingly so. It took us a minute to notice. My wife and I ended up in a Q&A session with them to just what they were going on about.

The details were a bit scattered but we finally caught on: "...wasn't anything but made everything...God didn't need stuff to make new stuff...moon in the sky....had to name and take care of the animals...don't eat that fruit or God says you die...the boy grabbed the fish...he pulled the cats tail...bad snake..."

The "cat's tail" and "grabbed the fish" didn't make much sense to us for a few minutes until I figured out they were describing the big flashcards I use when teaching the kids. Those two examples were from cards I use in teaching about sin. "We break God's law and make him angry," they said when we asked them about sin.

So fathers and mothers, when you get frustrated when you're trying to read your children's story bible to them before they go to bed or when you try to take those teachable moments throughout the day to teach your children about the awesome God who saves and delivers us, be encouraged. They are absorbing what you're saying. God is using you teach them.

Jesu Juva,
Soli Deo Gloria
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment