Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Up late with a sick kid? Work on your Greek!

Well, we discovered this evening that my daughter Signe has the flu tonight. This discovery led to an immediate chain of..."reactions" from a couple of our family members. The end result? I'm still up at 11:19 PM MST with my daughter playing Charlie Brown movies. We're slowing consuming fluids and Saltine Crackers.

Now I enjoy Charlie Brown as much as the next guy, but with Signe being so content with me sitting next to her, I figured I work on my Greek.

Several weeks ago I enrolled in basically an "Intro to Greek" class that my pastor teaches. It's over the span of 12 weeks or so, meeting for an hour and a half each Thursday. The class is designed more for laypeople like myself. We're using eSword (a free program I've been using heavily for the past year or so) which parses the Greek for you. Now I know, some of you are getting in a tizzy right now looking down your long noses at this whole thing, but hey, for a layguy who isn't in seminary, this is a good thing. (And don't worry, later on I will be delving deeper)

Imagine the realm of change that I was introduced to when I learned about passives! Goodness sakes! Oodles of passages on Sanctification made so more clearly! Absolute fantastic stuff! (Pardon the excitement, but that was ground breaking for me)

So, I'm up late, nothing I can do about it, so I figured I'd make some use of it.

Jesu Juva,
Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment