Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

I've been up since 4:30am today. I'm a bit on the sick side. Lots of issues with my stomach, but thankfully it's starting to even out.

I wasn't exactly ecstatic about time to be spent with extended family this thanksgiving, but then I got to thinking. At least I HAVE family to spend time with.

In my neck of the woods we have a number of imported people due to the Bakken Oil formation. Many of these folks don't have any family here at all, much less much of anything else. Many of them are living in pull type and pop up trailors, cooking their meals on a propane stove. I have no idea how the harsh Montana winter is going to treat them. I pray they weather things well.

I have a real roof over my head, no want for heat and family around me. That's a lot to be thankful for. Most importantly, I have a Savior who willingly took my place, taking the punishment for my sins so that I could be reconciled with the Father, not needing to fear death. We have much to be thankful for in Christ.

Jesu Juva,
Soli Deo Gloria
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment