Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 21st, 2011: The end of the world (or sanity) as we know it?

(WARNING! I will seem a bit snarky in this post due to the fact that I am going to be a bit snarky this post. Let's chalk it up to me being weak on sanctification today :) )

(If you've got a copy of the 4th Movement of Shostakovich's Symphony number 5, please begin to play that now....)
Yeah, I know, I've heard it too. May 21st is truly going to be some "special" day.

I've just about heard it all now. Someone's claiming things supposedly based upon when the flood was and yet once again we've got people taking liberties with the verse 2 Peter 3:8 about how a day to God is a as a thousand years and so forth. (Though I don't know Greek, yet, pretty sure it means that as God is the creator of time that he is outside of the constraints of time.)

Well, if you're fretting about it, don't. Here's a verse these "gurus" keep overlooking that deals with their supposed insight on May 21. Matthew 25:13 "Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour." (ESV) That's right folks, we don't know, and guess what, that's ok that we don't know. What do we know for sure? That at some point the end will indeed come where people will either spend eternity in Heaven with our Savior or eternity in Hell. However, as sure as I am that the top two missing wrenches on many farms are 1/2" and 7/16", May 21st will definitely be a special day, but not because "it's the end of the world as we know it."

May 21st is going to be special for 2 main reasons. #1: It's my 7th year wedding anniversary to my beautiful bride. #2: Psalm 118:24 "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (ESV)

So instead of fretting about "the end" on Saturday, May 21st, a day that the Lord has made and is my wedding anniversary, spend that time finding a solid church that preaches Christ and Him Crucified on Sunday, May 22nd. Though I'll be gone to a graduation ceremony this weekend, I'm looking forward to listening to the podcast of my Pastor's sermon, because he will preach a sermon on Sunday.

Until my posts next week.....

Jesu Juva (Jesus help me)
Soli Deo Gloria (To God Alone be the Glory)

No comments:

Post a Comment