Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Kitty Litter Women's Bible Study

So there I was at my weekly Greek class. My wife, at the same time, was at her weekly women's Bible study along with our 2 1/2 year old twin daughters. I was having a great time. It was an exciting class session. We were reviewing the past 4 weeks of material and then delving into verses. That aspect I really enjoy, seeing the practical side and putting to use what it is that I've learned. I'm fascinated by all the passives that seem to be linked to Sactification. We passively recieve from God. Great stuff! But then I got the text from my wife.

Meanwhile, back at the rach, er, women's Bible study, the ladies were having an equally productive time delving into the Word. Now, this particular study was being hosted at the parsonage. My pastor's kids have a cat and my daughters love cats. (My daughter Brynja has a tendancy of "over-loving" cats. When visiting friends who have cats we'll find her toting a cat around, usually by the neck, that looks so pitiful that you can't help but intervene and save the poor animal.) Things were wrapping up for the ladies when my daughter Brynja materializes with some...interesting...looking material in her hands. To begin with they were unsure of the mystery substance was, that was until Signe appeared on the scene with kitty litter all over her socks.

So my phone vibrates and I check it to see that I have just recieved a message from my wife Kim which read "Hey dear, I need you to come home right after class. The girls got into the litter box and Ren's and I had to put them in th bath. I will need hlep getting them out. Sorry."  (Remember, my wife is supposed to be on limited activity and isn't allowed to lift anything heavier than 10 pounds.) So after checking in with my pastor on a few things at the conclusion of Greek class I head home. 

I finish getting the girls washed up, diapered and dressed while Kim makes sandwiches for the girls. While sitting down for a late lunch, Kim shares what they figure happened. The little box at the parsonage is the kind that has one of those plastic kennel style tops. They figure the girls, in an attempt to "love on" the cat, cornered it into the litter box. At that point the girls decided to enter the little box kennel to retrieve the cat.  Good grief.

There's a women's Christmas dinner tonight so my pastor has invited me and the girls over. Pastor Matt and I, along with our buddy Carl from another Lutheran church in town, will likely geek out while the kids play together. However, I'm going to have to keep an eye out to make sure there isn't a repeat of the Kitty Litter Women's Bible Study.

Thank you Father for my children and for the blessing they are. But please, Gracious Lord, don't let the kitty litter be a part of tonight's blessing.

Jesu Juva,
Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment