Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Hymn Monday - "Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me"

Today's hymn, "Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me" (#715), is from the "Lutheran Service Book" (c) 2006 Concordia Publishing House.


Jesus, Savior, pilot me Over life's tempestuous sea;
Unknown waves before me roll, Hiding rock and treach'rous shoal.
Chart and compass come from Thee.
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
 
As a mother stills her child, Thou canst hush the ocean wild;
Boist'rous waves obey Thy will When Thou say'st to them, "Be still!"
Wondrous Sov'reign of the sea,
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
 
When at last I near the shore And the fearful breakers roar
Twixt me and the peaceful rest, The, while leaning on Thy breast,
May I hear Thee say to me,
"Fear not, I will pilot thee."
 
Jesu Juva,
Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment