Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sugar Beet Blogging: Day 8

So far it's been a drizzly day. We moved on to another field in the dark this morning. It's a piece of ground that I'd never been on before but was able to figure things out.

A local farmer came over to my truck while I was parked on the side of the field, waiting my turn to drive under the digger, and he talked with me about the status of the East End that I'm responsible for. The conversation was encouraging. Thank you, Lord.

More Issues Etc. today with Rod Rosenbladt, this time on moralism. The way I see the past several podcasts that I've listened to is that what this all boils down to is a misunderstanding of Sactification. It's not done by us, it's a work of the Holy Spirit. So stop doubting if you're saved.

When we base our Salvation on the progress of our Sanctification, we're actually denying the person and work of Christ. "That's a bold statement Leif! How can you suggest such a thing?!?!" I will do my best to put this plainly. Do we look to Christ for our salvation and forgiveness? If the answer is yes, then why would you look to yourself to see if you are saved? LOOK TO CHRIST! He's the author and finisher of our faith. Remember how that old hymn goes? (And yes this line is theologically sound) "My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness." Our hope is on the person and work of Christ. He Justifies and Sanctifies. He lived the only perfect life for us, poor, miserable sinners. Our hope, even when we fail and continue to sin as saved children of God, is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness. When He saved you, He did so completely.



Lord of the harvest, please protect our crew and the other crews working this harvest. Thank you for your salvation. Jesu Juva, Soli Deo Gloria. Amen
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment