Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Hymn Monday - "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing"

Today's hymn, "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" (#686), is from the "Lutheran Service Book" (c) 2006 Concordia Publishing House.


Come, Thou Fount of eve'ry blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mecy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise.
While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love,
Teach me ever to adore Thee; May I still Thy goodness prove.
 
Here I raise my Ebenezer, Hither by Thy help I've come;
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure, Safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger, Wand'ring from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger, Interposed His precious blood.
 
Oh, to grace how great a debtor Daily I'm constrained to be;
Let that grace now like a fetter Bind my wand'ring heart to Thee
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it; Prone to leave the God I love.
Here's my heart, O take and seal it, Seal it for Thy courts above.
 
Oh, that day when freed from sinning, I shall see Thy lovely face;
Clothed then in the bloodwashed linin, How I'll sing Thy wondrous Grace!
Come, my Lord, no longer tarry; Take my ransom'd soul away;
Send Thine angels soon to carry Me to realms of endless day.
 
Jesu Juva,
Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment