Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Sugar Beet Blogging: Day 15

23 acres left. We should be able to finish up today. I sure hope so as today is my last day before I have to be gone to speak at a church. It's been a good harvest overall. Though there's still time to foul things up, I've managed to go the whole harvest with only failing to get my endgate closed once. I had several more mishaps last year, so I'm feeling pretty good about this year.

I've been listening to an Issues Etc. on pastoral care for former evangelicals. My heart goes out to this group. I was once one of them. A common issue that you'll find with in evangelicalism is a misunderstanding of Romans 7. Many within that realm will read it as Paul before conversion instead of Paul as a Christian. If it's interpreted as Paul before conversion you can see how easy it would be to say that for us too that was our struggle before salvation. Now that we're saved this is no longer an excuse and we need to get to work.

It saddens me that there are people in churches every Sunday that are getting sermons that boil down to "How to control your sin" where it comes down to your will power to conquer it, instead of being given Law and Gospel. Christians still need the Gospel and we need it daily.

Well, we finished things up. HARVEST IS DONE!

Lord of the harvest, thank you for the protection of our crew and the other crews working this harvest. Thank you for your salvation. Jesu Juva, Soli Deo Gloria. Amen
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment