Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Reflecting on God in the lives of my children

Today I was home for the first time in quite some time. I got to spend a lot of time with my 2 year old daughters. At night we end with saying The Lord's Prayer, and by "we" I mean all four of us. Once my girls start the prayer they usually pray it in its entirety.

At random times throughout the day they will ask me and my wife questions about God. From time to time they'll walk up to us and say "Jesus saved me."

When I watch my daughters I see glimpses of them growing, questions that seem deeper than before, expressions that seem older, sentence structure that is more sophisticated, more questions about the God that saved them. I watch in wonder.

I wonder what they will be, why God gave them to us, how God he reveals Himself to them. I marvel at the baptismal waters and am so thankful for them.

"Jesus saved me daddy."
"Yes he did sweety."
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment