Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Hymn Monday - "Oh, for a Thousand Tongues to Sing"

Today's hymn, "Oh, for a Thousand Tongues to Sing" (#528), is from the "Lutheran Service Book" (c) 2006 Concordia Publishing House.

Oh, for a thousand tongues to sing My great Redeemer's praise,
The glories of my God and King, The triumphs of His grace!

My gracious Master and my God, Assist me to proclaim,
To spread through all the earth abroad, The honors of Thy name.

Jesus! The name that charms our fears, That bids our sorrows cease;
'Tis music in the sinner's ears, 'Tis life and health and peace.

He breaks the po'r of canceled sin; He sets the pris'ner free.
His blood can make the foulest clean; His blood avails for me.

Look unto Him, ye nation; own Your God, ye fallen race.
Look and be saved through faith alone, Be justified by grace.

See all your sins on Jesus laid; The Lamb of God was slain.
His soul was once an off'ring made For ev'ry soul of man.

To God all glory, praise, and love Be now and ever giv'n
By saints below and saints above, The Church in earth and heav'n.

Jesu Juva,
Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment