Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sugar Beet Blogging: Day 12

This morning we were held up by the cold. They wouldn't let us haul our overnight loads until 8am. We're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now. Only 100 acres left. Barring any issues, in theory we should be able to finish in the next 3 days.

Had a nice surprise this morning. One of the local pastors stopped by and rode in the truck with me for a while. I do some ministry work with the church he pastors. We had some great conversation about life and theology.

Just finished up another Issues Etc. Podcast, this one on pietism. It's interesting stuff. Unfortunately my synod has churches that struggle with it. "I know that Christ saved, but tell me what to do next." People want to know what the next seven steps are to live the Christian life. I like Todd Wilken's response as to what comes next. "Well, more Jesus."

Lord of the harvest, please protect our crew and the other crews working this harvest. Thank you for your salvation. Jesu Juva, Soli Deo Gloria. Amen
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment